#MyCityMyVoice Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
About the competition
The within terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) r”relate to a competition entitled Ideas Competition (the “Competition”) of Fondation Botnar’s #MyCityMyVoice campaign, its respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliates and/or subsidiary companies (the “Company”) intends to run during 2022 and from which the Company shall select an unspecified number of works to be exhibited at digital and in person locations and times to be confirmed by the Company (the “Exhibition”).
By entering this competition, (the “participant”) accepts these terms and conditions as set out hereinafter and the entrant further accepts that the terms and conditions of this competition may be altered, amended, varied or otherwise modified by the company at any time up to and including the final determination of the competition and that such alteration, amendment or variation may be made orally or in writing and at all times the terms and conditions are at the sole discretion of the company.
The Competition is open to all over the age of 10 and below the age of 30 years old on 1st January 2022.
The competition shall open at 7am CET on Thursday 23 June 2022 and shall close at 5pm CET on Friday 8 July 2022. Entries received after this date and time shall not be considered for entry under any circumstances. Fondation Botnar reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to extend the Closing date of the competition for a reasonable period of time and where so extended the date to be the subsequent closing date shall be the closing date for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
You are solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available on the Site (“Your Content”). You represent that you own or have the necessary permissions to use and authorise the use of Your Content as described herein. You may not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Fondation Botnar. Fondation Botnar has no obligation to act on any ideas submitted in Your Content.
You assume all risks associated with sharing Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy or reliability. Your Content may be made public on the site. Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, and you represent that you will not post Content that is:
- copyrighted material and trademarks that are used without the express permission of the owner;
- advertisements, promotions, solicitations or offers to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose;
- content in which you impersonate another person or entity;
- content that, in the sole opinion of Fondation Botnar, is pornographic, sexually explicit or obscene;
- content that, in the sole opinion of Fondation Botnar, exploits children or minors;
- content that Fondation Botnar has reason to believe was posted for malevolent purposes, including libel, slander, defamation or harassment;
- content that Fondation Botnar, in its sole opinion, deems offensive to the Site community, including, but not limited to, blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or profanity;
- content that could be construed as electioneering, political advocacy (as opposed to issue advocacy that does not function as political campaign intervention) or participation in campaign activity, including, but not limited to, providing information about a specific political candidate and/or a candidate’s position on specific issues;
- content promoting or providing instructional information about illegal or illicit activities; or
- content that transmits or contains viruses, corrupted files or any similar element.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove or decline to post any Content that may, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms or that is otherwise objectionable to us.
We are not responsible for the loss, deletion, failure to store, misdelivery or untimely delivery of any Content submitted to or transmitted through the Site. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
You may not submit or post Content that interferes with our normal operations or with the use and enjoyment of another user. You may access the Site and the Content only through the interfaces provided by us. You agree to use the Site and the Services only for their intended lawful purpose and in accordance with applicable laws.
You understand and agree that our Services may include communications such as service announcements and administrative messages from us and that these communications are considered part of the Services. We may also contact you via email to notify you about special events available to you when you provide Your Content.
Our Right to use your Content
You certify that either (i) you own all intellectual property rights in Your Content, or (ii) in posting or transmitting Your Content, you are acting with the permission of the owners of such Content to both (a) post such Content and to (b) grant any further licenses to such Content or permissions to use such Content as described herein.
When you post or submit Your Content on or through the Site you grant Fondation Botnar a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive and sublicensable license (the “License”) to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute and publish Your Content and subsequent versions of Your Content for the purposes of (i) displaying Your Content on the Site, (ii) distributing Your Content, either electronically or via other media, or (iii) storing Your Content in a remote database accessible by end users. The License shall apply to the distribution and the storage of Your Content in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed.
Users’ Right to use your Content
When you post or transmit Your Content on or through the Site, and if we make Your Content public, you also irrevocably grant the users of the Site the right to access Your Content in connection with the use of the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use our Site to take any of the following actions:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate (collectively, “Transmit”) any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person’s computer, the Site, any software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial or other purpose;
- Transmit surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials or chain letters;
- download any file that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any public area within the Site;
- use the Site in any manner that interferes with our normal operations or with the use and enjoyment of another user;
- collect or store personal information about other end users;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site, servers or networks;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Fondation Botnar representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site or to manipulate your presence on the Site;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or
- engage in any illegal activities.
Fondation Botnar’s Rights
We have the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions, in our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of our Services if you fail to abide by these Terms;
- change, suspend or discontinue all or any part of our Services;
- refuse, move or remove any content;
- establish general practices, fees and policies concerning the Site and the Services we provide.
You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions.
We disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for (i) the deletion, the failure to store, the misdelivery or the untimely delivery of any information or material; (ii) any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet using search results from our Site; and (iii) any service outages that are caused by our maintenance on the servers or the technology that underlies the Site, failures of our Service providers (including telecommunications, hosting and power providers), computer viruses, natural disasters or other destruction or damage of our facilities, acts of nature, war, civil disturbance or any other cause beyond our reasonable control.
Anyone that uses the newsletter sign up form on the #MyCityMyVoice will be added to Fondation Botnar’s mailing list. The #MyCityMyVoice campaign is a product of Fondation Botnar.