Privacy and Cookies Policy, and Imprint
Last updated: 13 July 2020
Fondation Botnar is a philanthropic foundation established in 2003 with the core purpose of improving the health and wellbeing of young people in growing secondary cities around the world. In order to achieve the best engagement with our audience, such as yourself, Fondation Botnar sometimes need to collect personal information about you. At Fondation Botnar we take protecting your personal information when using our websites very seriously and we are committed to take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is safe and to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we may collect from you while you are using any pages of our website ( www.fondationbotnar.org ) or when you subscribe to receiving news from Fondation Botnar.
1. Content of this Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information Fondation Botnar may collect about you;
- how Fondation Botnar will use information we collect about you;
- when Fondation Botnar may use your details to contact you;
- whether Fondation Botnar will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding personal information you provide to us;
2. Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices , without notification in case of minor changes. We will always update the date of the latest revision of our Privacy and Cookies Policy on the top of this webpage. We encourage you to check whether we have recently made any changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy . Any changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy will become effective immediately, when we post the revised Privacy and Cookies Policy on our website.
3. Your Consent to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
By using our website(s) you are indicating that you consent to our use of your personal information as described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy (as regularly updated).
B. Data Collection and Use of Collected Data
1. What information does Fondation Botnar collect about me?
When you participate in, or access any of Fondation Botnar’s activities and services, such as visiting our website, subscribe to our newsletters, we may collect personal information about you. This information can consist of data points as submitted by you with our online services (e.g. on our websites), such as your name, email address, address, organisation. Fondation Botnar does not collect sensitive data such as health data of individuals.
Fondation Botnar might also use Google Analytics to collect data about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are data about your browser, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving the site).
2. How will Fondation Botnar use the information it collects about me?
Fondation Botnar will use the information it collects about you to provide updates to you about the activities of our organisation by way of newsletter emails, to answer your requests and to inform you about campaigns and projects our organisation is running.
Fondation Botnar may contact you:
- in relation to any service or activity you have signed up for; e.g. Fondation Botnar will send you its newsletter per your request.
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you;
- for information purposes, where we believe you have consented for us to do so. If you receive anything from Fondation Botnar you have not requested, please let us know. In every informational email we send to you there will also be a link with instructions how to unsubscribe. Generally, Fondation Botnar will only use your personal information within the organisation. Sometimes Fondation Botnar uses third party services to process your personal information (such as your email address and subscription preferences) and to deliver the service you have requested from us; for example we use the third-party email marketing tool MailChimp for the delivery of newsletters, which you have requested to receive. Fondation Botnar requires these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and we requires that these third parties do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Fondation Botnar might also use your data for statistical and analytical purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services. This is done through the third-party Google Analytics (Google Inc.) which is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
C. Data Security
Fondation Botnar never shares your personal information with third parties beyond third parties performing services on our behalf.
D. Data Retention
Fondation Botnar is storing your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you per your request. This is in relation to the personal data that you provide when contacting the foundation or when signing up to the newsletter. You have the right to access the personal data we store about you. You can contact us at any moment to request your data be modified or deleted.
E. Your Choices regarding Your Personal Information Collected by Fondation Botnar
If you would like to access, review, correct, update or have your personal information deleted from our records, please contact Fondation Botnar at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once your identity is confirmed, we will deal with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. You can always use the unsubscribe link in any of our mailings you receive.
F. Cookies Policy
1. What are Cookies?
2. Third Party Cookies
Most notably we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service which uses ‘cookies’. Each of these services sets its own cookies. Google uses this information for tracking how you use the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. We embed videos from our official YouTube and Vimeo channel using a privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally – identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. Another service we use is provided through MailChimp, which helps us to design email newsletters, share them on social networks and integrate with our other services. Fondation Botnar doesn’t have direct access to those cookies and the use of those third-party cookies is governed solely by the respective service provider’s Privacy statement.
3. Cookie Acceptance and Effect of Clicking Agree on our Cookie Banner
4. Turning Off Cookies and Ramifications Thereof
You can manage the cookies stored on your device as well as stop cookies from being installed on your browser. For more information on how to manage cookies usage on your device, please visit allaboutcookies.org .
Managing the Cookies Stored on Your Device;
Stop Cookies from Being Installed on your Browser.
Please note that if you prefer to block some or all of the cookies Fondation Botnar uses, you might lose some of our website’s functionality.
G. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact us at:
Imprint and Disclaimers
St. Alban-Vorstadt 56
+41 61 201 04 74
Design, technical implementation and operation
‘Children jumping into water’
Design Reto Paul Grimm, Hamburg
Wir prägen Marken.